Alerts in Effect
Air Quality AlertIssued at 15:43 Thursday 29 July 2021
The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) has issued
an Ozone Action Day for the Dallas-Fort Worth area for Friday,
July 30, 2021.
Atmospheric conditions are expected to be favorable for producing
high levels of ozone air pollution in the Dallas-Fort Worth area
on Friday. You can help prevent ozone pollution by sharing a
ride, walking, riding a bicycle, taking your lunch to work,
avoiding drive-through lanes, conserving energy, and keeping your
vehicle properly tuned.
For more information on ozone:
Ozone: The Facts (www.tceq.texas.gov/goto/ozonefacts)
Air North Texas: (www.airnorthtexas.org)
EPA Air Now
Take care of Texas (www.takecareoftexas.org)
North Central Texas Council of Governments Air Quality
Heat AdvisoryIssued at 13:03 Friday 30 July 2021
* WHAT...Heat index values in excess of 105.
* WHERE...Portions of north central, northeast and south central
* WHEN...From noon to 7 PM CDT Saturday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity will increase the
risk for heat-related illnesses to occur, particularly for
those working or participating in outdoor activities.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Light winds will intensify the impacts of
the heat and humidity.