Alerts in Effect
Civil Emergency MessageIssued at 09:09 Thursday 19 September 2019
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF
HARRIS...MONTGOMERY...LIBERTY AND CHAMBERS OFFICES OF EMERGENCY
DUE TO FLASH FLOOD EMERGENCIES IN NORTHEAST HARRIS COUNTY
INCLUDING KINGWOOD AND HUMBLE, MONTGOMERY COUNTY, LIBERTY COUNTY
AND CHAMBERS COUNTY, EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT REQUEST RESIDENTS TO
STAY PUT AND SHELTER IN PLACE. DO NOT VENTURE ON TO ANY ROADS IN
THESE AREAS. PEOPLE TRAVELLING ON AREA HIGHWAYS NEED TO AVOID THIS
AREA AND CHANGE TRAVEL PLANS. IF YOU ARE TRAPPED IN YOUR HOUSE
DUE TO FLOODING CALL EMERGENCY PERSONEL FOR EVACUATION RESCUE.
Flood WarningIssued at 11:59 Thursday 19 September 2019
A river flood warning remains in effect for the Peach Creek.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Peach Creek at Splendora
* until Saturday evening or until the warning is canceled.
* At 1100 AM Thursday the stage was 23.0 feet.
* Major flooding is occurring and Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 24.8 feet by late this
afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage late Saturday morning.
* At 19.0 feet...The home on the left upstream bank begins to flood.
Several homes in Splendora and Patton Village have water in them.
Flood WarningIssued at 12:00 Thursday 19 September 2019
...The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a flood warning
for the following rivers...
Cypress Creek near Westfield affecting the following counties in Texas...
For Cypress Creek at Westfield, Minor flooding is occurring, with Major flooding
The National Weather Service in Houston/Galveston has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Cypress Creek near Westfield.
* until Friday morning or until the warning is canceled.
* At 1155 AM Thursday the stage was 81.5 feet.
* Major flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 82.9 feet.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by this afternoon and continue to rise to
near 86.3 feet by this afternoon. The river will fall below flood stage by
* At 85.9 feet...Major lowland flooding begins as water enters the lowest
buildings in vicinity of gage.
Flash Flood WarningIssued at 12:03 Thursday 19 September 2019
The National Weather Service in League City has issued a
* Flash Flood Warning for...
Northeastern Colorado County in southeastern Texas...
North central Wharton County in southeastern Texas...
Southeastern Austin County in southeastern Texas...
Northern Fort Bend County in southeastern Texas...
Northern Brazoria County in southeastern Texas...
Southern Waller County in southeastern Texas...
Southwestern Harris County in southeastern Texas...
* Until 300 PM CDT.
* At 1201 PM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain rates of two to four inches an hour across the warned
area. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Sugar Land, Missouri City, Rosenberg, Stafford, Katy, Richmond,
Sealy, Brookshire, Town West, Pecan Grove, Eldridge / West Oaks,
First Colony, Addicks Park Ten, Mission Bend, Fresno, Meadows
Place, East Bernard, Wallis, Fulshear and Pleak. Residents are
urged to stay put and do not venture out on roadways.