Alerts in Effect
Blizzard WarningIssued at 22:10 Wednesday 26 February 2020
* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of
1 to 2 feet. Winds gusting as high as 55 mph will result in
extensive blowing and drifting snow.
* WHERE...Southern Erie and Wyoming counties and the western
* WHEN...Until 4 PM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Areas
of blowing snow will produce near zero visibility. The
hazardous conditions will impact the morning and evening
commutes Thursday and Friday. Strong winds could cause some
tree damage and isolated power outages.
Lakeshore Flood WarningIssued at 22:08 Wednesday 26 February 2020
* WHAT...Lakeshore flooding expected.
* WHERE...Lake Erie shore of Erie and Chautauqua counties.
* WHEN...From 5 AM Thursday to 1 AM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Strong west winds may result in a rise in water
levels. Flooding along the shoreline is expected, especially
in bays and inlets and other low lying shoreline areas. Water
may spray across Route 5 in Hamburg.