Alerts in Effect
Wind AdvisoryIssued at 03:38 Tuesday 29 November 2022
* WHAT...South winds 25 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected
tonight through Wednesday morning. West winds 25 to 35 mph with
gusts up to 50 mph expected Wednesday afternoon through
* WHERE...Chautauqua and Southern Erie counties. The strongest
winds will be found close to Lake Erie.
* WHEN...From 10 PM this evening to 4 AM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree
limbs could be blown down and a few isolated power outages may
result. Travel will be difficult at times for high profile
vehicles, including the New York State Thruway.
Winter Weather AdvisoryIssued at 03:43 Tuesday 29 November 2022
* WHAT...Lake effect snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4
to 7 inches in the most persistent lake snows across higher
terrain. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph will produce extensive
blowing and drifting snow.
* WHERE...Wyoming, Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, and Southern Erie
counties. Greatest snow accumulations across the Boston Hills,
western Wyoming County, and the Chautauqua Ridge.
* WHEN...From 4 PM Wednesday to 1 PM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Plan on snow covered and slippery road conditions.
Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The
hazardous conditions could impact the evening commute Wednesday
and the morning commute Thursday.