Alerts in Effect
Heat AdvisoryIssued at 15:49 Thursday 09 July 2020
* WHAT...Heat index values in the mid to upper 90s expected.
* WHERE...The Champlain Valley of Vermont and New York.
* WHEN...From noon Thursday to 7 PM EDT Friday.
* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
illnesses to occur.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Heat indices reached the mid to upper 90s
and will remain elevated through about 7 PM before falling as
the sun sets. Duration of the heat will be a factor, with
similar temperatures and heat index values during the peak
heating hours on Friday afternoon.