Alerts in Effect
Air Quality AlertIssued at 15:52 Wednesday 29 June 2022
The officials at the Office of Sustainability for the City of
Indianapolis have called for a Knozone Action Day on
Thursday...June 30 for the following Indiana counties...
This Knozone Action Day will be in effect from 1200 AM to 1159
A Knozone Action Day means that a combination of the high
temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to
produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may
exceed federally mandated standards.
Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to
reduce ozone forming emissions:
* Walk, bike, carpool or use public transportation.
* Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one
* Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered
lawn equipment until after 7pm.
* Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds.
* Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air
conditioner to 75 degrees or above.