South Holland, IL
Alerts in Effect
Flood WarningIssued at 19:12 Tuesday 17 September 2019
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Des Plaines River near Russell affecting Lake County
Des Plaines River near Gurnee affecting Lake County
Des Plaines River at Lincolnshire affecting Lake County
Des Plaines River near Des Plaines affecting Cook County
Fox River at Algonquin Lock & Dam tailwater affecting Kane and
Fox River at Montgomery affecting Kane and Kendall Counties
The following forecasts are based on observed precipitation as well
as forecast precipitation 24-48 hours into the future.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Des Plaines River near Des Plaines, or from Palatine Road in
Prospect Heights downstream to Irving Park Road in Chicago.
* until Friday evening.
* At 645 PM Tuesday the stage was 17.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact...At 17.0 feet...Central Avenue and Golf Road are threatened
in Des Plaines.