Alerts in Effect
Winter Weather AdvisoryIssued at 18:58 Tuesday 25 February 2020
* WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 2 to 3 inches,
with locally higher amounts around 4 inches possible, especially
north of I-74.
* WHERE...Much of central and east central Illinois, as far south
as near Interstate 70.
* WHEN...The main period of accumulation will occur between
midnight and noon east of I-55, and through about mid morning
Wednesday west of I-55.
* IMPACTS...Slippery road conditions may impact the morning
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...As temperatures fall into the 20s Wednesday
morning, lingering wet roads may ice over. Northwest winds
gusting from 20 to 30 mph may also cause some drifting snow.