Alerts in Effect
Flood WarningIssued at 12:01 Tuesday 18 February 2020
...A Flood Warning continues for portions of the following waterways
Wabash River...White River...
.The flood threat continues on the Wabash and White Rivers as a
result of recent precipitation events. Flooding on the lower reaches
of the Wabash and White Rivers is expected to last as late as
Monday, February 24.
Flood impacts should mainly be confined to roads near the waterways,
agricultural land, bottomlands, and levees. Please see the specific
impacts listed for your location of interest below or by going to
the web page described below.
The Flood Warning continues for
The Wabash River at Mount Carmel.
* until Thursday evening.
* At 10:45 AM Tuesday the stage was 20.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 19.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...It will rise to near 20.0 feet by this afternoon then
begin falling. It will fall below flood stage Thursday morning.
* At 20.0 feet...River is bankfull in all locations. All oil field
production ceases with the exception of pumping units on
substructures. Access to these are by boat only. Agricultural
losses increase dramatically. Farmers move livestock to higher
ground. City of Mount Carmel leaves flood gates B and C in year