Alerts in Effect
Wind AdvisoryIssued at 09:00 Thursday 09 April 2020
* WHAT...West winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph
* WHERE...The District of Columbia, much of central and western
Maryland, the eastern panhandle of West Virginia, and portions
of northern Virginia.
* WHEN...Until 5 PM EDT this afternoon.
* IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects.
Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may
Coastal Flood AdvisoryIssued at 09:02 Thursday 09 April 2020
* WHAT...Up to one half foot of inundation above ground level
expected in low lying areas due to tidal flooding.
* WHERE...Shoreline in the District of Columbia.
* WHEN...Until to noon EDT today, especially around the time of
* IMPACTS...Shoreline inundation is expected along portions of the
seawall adjacent to Ohio Drive and the Hains Point Loop Road,
and near the Tidal Basin and Jefferson Memorial.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Tides around one foot above normal. The
next high tide at Washington Channel is at 9:40 AM.