Alondra Park, CA
Alerts in Effect
High Surf AdvisoryIssued at 17:27 Friday 13 December 2019
* WHAT...Large waves of 6 to 10 feet and dangerous rip currents,
peaking tonight into Saturday morning. Minor beach flooding.
* WHERE...Ventura County Coast, Los Angeles County Coast and
Catalina Island. Highest surf across exposed west facing
* WHEN...Through noon PST Sunday, peaking tonight through
* IMPACTS...There is an increased risk for ocean drowning. Rip
currents can pull swimmers and surfers out to sea. Large
breaking waves can cause injury, wash people off beaches and
rocks, and capsize small boats near shore. Minor flooding of
sea water over beaches, around the time of high tide Thursday
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...West swell direction. Largest High tides
near 6.6 feet (MLLW) around 9 AM today, lowering slightly on
Saturday with high tide around 940 AM.