Alerts in Effect
Winter Weather AdvisoryIssued at 14:53 Tuesday 31 January 2023
* WHAT...Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations ranging
from 0.01-0.15 inch, with the highest amounts anticipated across
northwestern Lauderdale County.
* WHERE...In Alabama, Lauderdale and Limestone counties. In
Tennessee, Moore, Lincoln and Franklin counties.
* WHEN...From 9 PM this evening to 9 AM CST Wednesday.
* IMPACTS...Difficult travel conditions are possible. The
hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Given the recent stretch of warm weather
and subsequently warm ground temperatures, bridges and other
elevated and exposed surfaces will be most susceptible to glaze
accumulations due to freezing rain.