PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Pelmorex Media Inc. (“PMI”/“We”/“Us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Pelmorex Media Inc. If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookies Policy and/or the processing of your personal data, you can reach our privacy officer by completing the online form at the end of this document.
Alternatively, you can contact us at:
Attn. Privacy OfficerPelmorex Media Inc.,14 Greville Street, Unit UG03LondonEC1N 8SBUnited Kingdom+44 (0) 203 567 0989
PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Websites, as part of the Services or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Websites and/or Services, subscribe to our service (including subscriptions for weather forecasts and alerts), participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Websites and/or Services, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Websites and/or Services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, gender, age, personal description and photograph;
- When you sign up to obtain a 'Weather Button' we request your name, email address, company name (if available) and website URL. The purpose of this is to enable us to contact you to communicate changes in the program as well as for record keeping purposes in respect of where the Weather Button is posted. This information will be retained until you inform us that you have removed the Weather Button from your website;
- When you create an account to upload images or videos to the "Photos & Videos" section of the Websites and/or Services, we request your name, e-mail address, password and postcode. The purpose of this is to enable you to identify yourself having taken the imagery and video you choose to upload, and to facilitate display of your name and home location on any items posted to the Websites or for use by PMI on its other media properties. By registering for and providing material for upload, you agree to the publication of your name and home location together with your uploaded image or video;
- When you submit a comment or inquiry using the online feedback form, we request your name and e-mail address, along with the comment or inquiry in the body of the message for the purpose of responding to your message. This information may be shared with persons outside PMI as required to respond effectively to a query or address a reported issue. We retain all e-mail correspondence for 24 months. Where e-mail correspondence is retained for longer than 24 months, we will remove personal data from the email correspondence; records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research and marketing purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Websites and/or Services;
- With regard to each of your visits to the Websites and/or use of the Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer and/or mobile device to the Internet, your Unique Device ID, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and the carrier name (if available); and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream through and from the Websites (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page;
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on the Websites and/or in relation to the Services. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, advertising networks and analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.
- distinguish you from other users of the Websites and Services;
- to remember searched and saved locations for quick future reference by visitors;
- to personalise your experience of the Websites and/or Services, including saving formatting of the Websites and Services and other user preferences, and
- to save login information for subscription and Photos & Videos registrants (if you select the "Remember me" option when logging in).
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, or where applicable your mobile device, if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive and/or stored on your mobile device.
We use the following cookies:
These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Websites and the Services. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Websites and the Services. The Websites and Services would not function properly for you if the information in these cookies were lost.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Websites when they are using them and/or use the Services. This helps us to improve the way the Websites and Services work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies are not stored on mobile devices.
These are used to recognise you when you return to the Websites and/or use the Services. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). Loss of the information in these cookies may make our Services less functional but would not prevent the Services from working.
These cookies record your visit to the Websites and/or your use of the Services, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Websites and the Services and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose. These cookies are not stored on mobile devices.
We may retain limited demographic information such as date of birth and gender, if such information is provided by the user, which is tied to anonymous identifiers and may be referenced by the system for some tailored advertising.
In addition to cookies, we use Local Storage. Local Storage is similar to cookies and is a facility that enables us to retain information within a user’s web browser. The data persists once a browser is closed, but is not transmitted to the Websites.
USES MADE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already obtained from us or enquired about;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from the Websites and Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or mobile device;
- to administer the Websites and Services and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Websites and Services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or your mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Websites and Services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you;
- as otherwise required by law.
We may combine your personal data with information that we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with personal data you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Personal data shall only be retained by PMI for as long as is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors in relation to the operation of the Websites and the Services; advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 men aged under 35 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in a particular geographical location). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Websites and Services;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if PMI or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; and
Please note that where third parties with whom PMI may share your personal data are located outside the UK, your personal information will be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction, including without limitation the laws related to the disclosure of personal data to the authorities in that jurisdiction.
LINKS AND OTHER WEBSITES
The Websites and Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you choose to log on to the Websites using a social media account, we request access to the information indicated in the social media account’s acceptance screen and described below.
You may click "Allow" to log on to the Websites using a social media account, or click "Don't Allow" to close and return to the login options. If you choose not to log on to the Websites using a social media account, you can log on using your “Weather Network” account, or create one if you do not have one already.
If you choose to log on to the Websites using a social media account, we will request access to and for you to confirm the personal information that will be passed on to us by your social media site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data or by allowing us to collect your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All personal data you provide to us or that we collect is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access the Websites and/or the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use a variety of technological, physical and organisational protections and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure, such as encryption, passwords and physical security measures. Whilst we strive to protect your personal data, PMI cannot ensure or warrant that the personal data or private communications you transmit to us will always remain private. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Websites and/or through the Services; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. You acknowledge and agree that PMI, its affiliates and related companies shall not be responsible for any damages you may suffer as a result of the transmission of confidential or sensitive information over the Internet, and that all such communications will be at your own risk.
Your rights - You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that the withholding or withdrawing of your consent, in relation to our handling of your personal data, may result in us being unable to provide you with certain products and services.
Access to information - You have the right to access personal data held about you. Any access request may be subject to an administration fee of (not exceeding the maximum permitted by applicable law) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the personal data we hold about you.
Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy - Any changes we may make to our Privacy and Cookies Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. This Privacy and Cookies Policy was last reviewed on 18 September, 2015.
Contact - If you have any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Privacy and Cookies Policy or our practices, please contact our privacy officer by completing the online form at the link below.Contact Us