We are working on it!
We are currently experiencing intermittent technical issues with the display of the online photo gallery. We appreciate your patience.
Do you miss the daily forecast email? You have several options that make checking your daily weather easy! Please try one or more of these:
• Save your forecast page on the mobile website to your phone’s home screen. [instructions for Android and iPhone]
• Sign in (or create an account) on the website or mobile device and save your favourite locations for quick access
• Download the app for your phone and/or tablet [instructions for Android and iPhone]
Watches, warnings and other alerts are issued by Environment Canada and other government agencies. We do not alter these messages.
Be Aware (yellow): There is a fairly small chance of severe weather impacting you. Check back later to see if the forecast has updated.
Be Prepared (orange): There is a high enough risk for severe weather that you should keep an eye on the skies and use other features such as the hourly forecast and radar maps to find out exactly when the severe weather is expected.
Be Alert (red): The highest category is reserved for our forecasts where we are confident that severe weather is likely to affect you. Take precautions such as having a plan B if you have an activity that may be impacted by weather. Again, use other features such as the hourly forecast and radar maps to find out exactly when the severe weather is expected.
• Are you experiencing very light rain or drizzle? If so, then this is likely because light rain or drizzle have such a small rain drop size that it is very hard for the radar equipment to detect it. For that reason, very light precipitation does not show up on the radar imagery very well.
• Are you experiencing heavy rain/snow or a thunderstorm that has started very suddenly? If that is the case, then it is possible that the radar simply didn’t have enough time to detect the event. Thunderstorms (or short heavy bursts of rain) can develop very suddenly – sometimes in a matter of just a few minutes. Radar systems scan the sky for any precipitation every 10 minutes, and then it takes another few minutes to process the data and make it available as a ready-to-use image on our digital platforms. So if a burst of rain happened to form right over your area, you could experience some lag time before that rain can appear on the Radar imagery map.
• In addition to above causes, just like any other technology it is possible that Radars could experience occasional down time especially when there is a scheduled maintenance. During this time no Radar imagery will be available in the vicinity of the Radar site.
• Comments should stay focused on the subject. Off-topic postings may be deleted.
• Be polite.
• Avoid making negative comments about or toward a specific person.
• You may provide links to other areas of TheWeatherNetwork.com. As for external web addresses, we allow one per post, as text only, not as a hyperlink.
• One account per participant, please.
Please do not post:
• Lengthy quotes or excerpts - we want to hear your own opinion.
• Press releases and/or advertising.
• Personal contact information, including e-mail addresses, phone numbers and street addresses.
• Duplicate or repetitive comments.
• Argumentative remarks. Our commenting platform should be welcoming to all participants.
• Racist, sexist or otherwise offensive language.
• Personal attacks and defamatory statements.
• Copyright infringement (copying from other sources and websites without permission and attribution).
• Violations of someone’s privacy.
• Threats or the suggestion of committing a criminal act.
• Insensitive comments regarding the death or injury of people or animals.
• Messages in all CAPS (this makes it difficult to read and is commonly seen as yelling in a digital format).
Violating the above guidelines will result in the removal of your comment, and possibly the banning of your account.
Any comment may be removed if our guidelines are not followed. Please note that The Weather Network may decide to remove a comment that is deemed inappropriate – for any reason, at any time.