Please choose your default site




The Very Poisonous, Monks Hood

18 views Jon Van Loon October 25, 2016 Markham, ON Date shot: October 25, 2016

Any part of this plant is poisonous. The key toxin is Aconitine. The symptoms are upset stomach and a slowing of the heart rate. The latter can lead to death. Stories about it's toxicity abound. One relates to the death of a mouse that simply inhaled the aroma. This pictured flower head of Monks Hood is from the first planting I have seen in this area in the many gardens I have perused in the past 10 years. Monks Hood flowers in early fall.

Leave a Comment

What do you think? Join the conversation.

Weather Talk Community

Conversations Happening Now
Default saved

Search Location