Weather Network's new app update gives user access to important features
Thursday, April 9, 2015, 1:53 PM -
The Weather Network's latest update for its iPhone app gives users important information to plan ahead, while maintaining the same functionality and accuracy in the palm of your hand.
While the new and modern design is what users will notice first, a deeper look shows integration of new technologies paramount to current and long range forecasts.
The updated app includes brand new features such as: Precip Stop Start, which forecasts the start and stop times of precipitation within a 10-minute period; push notifications of weather warnings; public safety alerts and a brand new iOS 8 widget.
In addition, The Weather Network’s iPhone app has undergone significant design and performance enhancements, including:
• Detailed weather forecasts including current, short-term, hourly and 14-day periods
• Animated icons and weather-triggered backgrounds
• Severe weather and storm alerts to notify when a storm is imminent. Users will see a red banner on the affected cities and regions and can click-thru for more information
• Satellite and radar maps including past, present and future views
• Follow-me functionality, automatically detecting the forecast within 1km
• At-a-glance weather data with iOS8 widget
• More news and video than ever before
The screen shots below illustrate the new look and feel of the app, which can be downloaded or updated right now in the App Store.