Expired News - Snow nearly traps girl inside burning home - The Weather Network
Your weather when it really mattersTM

Country

Please choose your default site

Americas

Asia - Pacific

Europe

News

Snow nearly traps girl inside burning home


Cheryl Santa Maria
Digital Reporter

Tuesday, February 17, 2015, 4:17 PM - Snow nearly prevented a teenage girl from escaping her home when a fire broke out in the garage of an adjoining building in New Hampshire Monday evening.

According to the Associated Press, snow was blocking her closest exit, preventing her from opening the door.

The 14-year-old girl was saved when a sprinkler system deployed, buying her enough time to get to the other exit.

Firefighters said that without the sprinkler system, the girl may not have been able to exit the home.

No injuries have been reported. Damage costs are estimated to be $150,000.

Source: The Associated Press
RELATED VIDEO: FIRE HOME SAFETY:

Default saved
Close

Search Location

Close

Sign In

Please sign in to use this feature.