Hiker releases possible Sasquatch sighting near Squamish, B.C.
Wednesday, May 7, 2014, 6:57 AM -
A B.C. hiker released a video of what he thinks could be Sasquatch in the mountains near Squamish, B.C.
The video was shot two years ago while the man was hiking in the Tantalus Range.
Now that it's been posted on YouTube, it's picked up over 245,000 views so far.
FEATURE: Six weird things we found on Mars
The video shows a small black dot of a figure reportedly moving up a snow covered mountain in the middle of no where.
"Pretty sure this is Sasquatch down there," said M. Lamont on the video recording. "I can't see it very well. It's this little black dot walking in the middle of the snow in the middle of nowhere."
In the info provided on the YouTube post, Lamont says, "we are not claiming this to be anything other than a strange encounter based on some of the reasons below:"
1) We were able to view the subject much better than what the video portrays as it was just a simple point and shoot camera. Contrast was excellent due to the snow behind the subject.
2) The subject was clearly bipedal and was without snowshoes or a backpack and wearing all one coloured clothing. Movement over this kind of terrain in soft snow without snowshoes would have been very difficult and the distance traveled over the given time period would have been very fast for a human without proper snow travel gear.
3) There was a very steep drop off below where the video was shot, easily a 300m sheer face. We were not equipped with climbing gear and a descent around would have been impossible before nightfall.
4) We have encountered bears on the approach to this summit in the past, this video is most definitely not showing a bear or any other wild animal.
5) Perhaps the most reasonable explanation for this video is a very ill prepared hiker, hiking up a difficult section of snowline as opposed to a much easier route, one who is very physically fit and able to cover ground in unusually quick fashion and must have had very large feet as we were breaking through snow crust in just our boots.
It's been suggested the figure is a bear, possibly upright against the slope, according to the CBC.
What are your thoughts on this video? Could it be sasquatch? Let us know in the comments section below
MORE SASQUATCH SIGHTINGS
Back in October, a group of Bigfoot enthusiasts in Texas played several short clips that they described as "never before seen HD video" of the legendary Sasquatch. The first clip showed what they said is a juvenile human-like species walking in the woods, while another clip showed an older female believed to be over six feet tall. A third clip, reportedly shot in Kentucky in 2005, is one of Sasquatch caught sleeping, they say.
Over the past five years, the Sasquatch Genome Project has spent $500,000 on collecting data and evidence and describe it as a "serious study." The group says they'll continue to collect evidence and video, which will be used in a documentary at a later date.
Sasquatch in space?
From Androids … to Bigfoot. At least, that’s what the usual crowd thought of this oddly-shaped rock spotted in 2008 by NASA’s Spirit Rover, one of Curiosity’s precursors.
Even if it is Bigfoot (spoiler: No it’s not), future Mars explorers have nothing to fear. According to this fantastic debunk of the Sasquatch angle, the figurine is around 6 cm tall.