Gearing up for Earth Hour 2014
Saturday, March 29, 2014, 6:44 AM -
Earth Hour is tonight - a global climate change initiative where individuals, families and businesses turn off their lights for one hour. And if you're looking for ways to get involved and pass the time, WWF Canada has some great suggestions:
- Use candles for atmosphere. A room full of candles can be sophisticated, while fewer candles can be great for telling ghost stories. If you have children or pets, make sure you keep the candles out of reach
- Board Games: Why not break out a deck of cards or some old games? Not only are they fun, but they'll add to your party's energy level.
- Energy efficient potluck: Hold a potluck and invite your guests to bring a dish that requires low heat or no heat at all!
- Stargazing: Since the lights will be out in most major cities, this hour will be the perfect opportunity to check out the stars. Throw on a few extra layers, set up some lawn chairs and look for constellations.
EARTH HOUR AT TWN: Tune into The Weather Network today and tonight for coast-to-coast coverage
The Weather Network will be broadcasting today and this evening during Earth Hour.
Stay tuned for:
- Live reports from our reporters across the country ahead of Earth Hour;
- Live coverage of post Earth Hour events; and
- Reports and stories highlighting the importance of this initiative.
If you plan on celebrating Earth Hour in a unique way, we'd love to hear from you. Upload your Earth Hour photos and videos to our website -- you might see yourself on TV!