Five photos: UFO clouds
Thursday, July 31, 2014, 2:02 PM -
Lenticular clouds are stationary, plate-shaped clouds that are often mistaken for UFOs. They form in the troposphere, usually perpendicular to the direction of the wind.
We think they're pretty cool.
SEE YOURSELF ON TELEVISION!: Every hour at :02, :12, :22, :32, :42 and :52 we feature the best viewer-submitted photos. Tune in to see if your photo is featured. | UPLOAD HERE
1. Submitted by Louis Kamenka, Canmore, Alberta
2. Submitted by Antonio Dal Canton, taken in La Spezia, Liguria, Italy
3. Submitted by T. Smith, Olds, Alberta
4. Submitted by Stu Cram, location unknown
5. Submitted by Lesley Little, Pincher Creek, Alberta