Dog wakes family in time to save them from devastating fire
Friday, November 9, 2018, 1:48 PM - A Minnesota family is picking up the pieces after losing everything when their three-year-old home burned down last week.
But they're grateful, because they could have also lost one another if it wasn't for their hero-of-a-dog, Milo.
"I never thought it was going to burn down. I wasn't even worried about, you know, getting anything out, or saving photos, or any of that stuff," homeowner Dave Hansen tells CNN.
He says he and his wife Carrie were sleeping when the fire broke out and Milo went to their bedroom to wake them.
"He was up in her face, trying to get her to wake up, I guess. She was telling him to go back to bed. Finally she noticed it was smokey in there," he recalls.
Milo led Carrie to the garage, where she saw fire. That quickly turned into a full-blown disaster, because the garage was full of flammable welding equipment which Dave used for his business.
A pile of smoky rubble now sits where the Hansen home once was.
Dave says they lost everything except for each other, thanks to Milo.
A GoFundMe account has been set up in support of the Hansen family. There was no insurance policy on the home.