Pet owner faces $10K vet bill after cat bitten by 3 snakes
Friday, January 11, 2019, 1:05 PM - Hank the cat is down three of his nine lives after surviving bites from three venomous snakes.
His latest bite came from a tiger snake, a highly toxic species that is native to Hank's home in Australia.
So far, his owners have shelled out about $10,000 in vet fees to keep their beloved pet alive.
(RELATED: Toxic critters that can be found in Canada)
Local veterinarian Louise Pierce told a CNN affiliate that tiger and brown snakes are the greatest threats to pets in Hank's area, and encounters can become deadly "very, very quickly."
Hank likes to explore the outdoors, making the occasional run-in with a snake unavoidable.
Luckily for him Hank is alive and well, but his recovery is expected to take some time.