Digging Out: 70+ cm falls on parts of B.C. See the photos
Monday, February 6, 2017, 3:28 PM - Meteorologists are calling it one of the most significant snowfalls to hit British Columbia in February history.
Places like Hope and Chilliwack have been hit the hardest with 70+ cm reported so far.
"Roof collapses can become a concern with these accumulations," says The Weather Network meteorologist Tyler Hamilton.
Snowfall warnings remain in effect for Metro Vancouver, the Fraser Valley, and the Kootenays.
- Snowfall warnings in effect across the south, including Metro Vancouver.
- Schools closed across the Fraser Valley.
- Abbotsford and Chilliwack could pick up another 10+ cm Monday.
- Considerable to high avalanche risk in southern areas.
- Next system to arrive Thursday, with wet snow/mixing to start before a transition to rain.
SPRING IS AHEAD: How will a developing El Nino impact our spring weather? The Spring Forecast premieres Monday, February 27 at 9 p.m. ET
See photos and videos of snowy conditions in B.C. below.