3 of the 5 most liveable cities in the world are Canadian
Tuesday, August 18, 2015, 2:18 PM - Canada is a major player on a list of the most liveable cities in the world, taking three of the top five spots.
This latest survey comes amid several recent rankings for Canada and within Canada, including:
- The happiest countries in the world;
- The most bike-friendly cities in the world;
- The most (and least) sleepless cities in Canada;
- The most (and least) flood-prepared cities in Canada;
- The countries most (and least) curious about climate change;
- The best places to live in Canada;
- The most contented cities in Canada.
Melbourne, Australia has been ranked the world's most liveable city for the fifth year in a row.
Prior to that, Vancouver held the top spot.
The report is conducted by the Economist Intelligence Unit, which lists 140 cities and ranks them on a number of criteria, including: health care, educations, culture, environment (including weather conditions) and infrastructure.
Here's the full top 10 list, with the Canadian cities in bold:
- Melbourne, Australia
- Vienna, Austria
- Vancouver, Canada
- Toronto, Canada
- Calgary, Canada, tied with Adelaide, Australia
- Sydney, Australia
- Perth, Australia
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Helsinki, Finland, tied with Zurich, Switzerland