A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring or are imminent due to a combination of
strong winds, low relative humidity and dry fuels. Any fires that
develop may quickly get out of control and become difficult to
For more information about wildfire danger, burn restrictions,
and wildfire prevention and education, please visit the
Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
website at http://dcnr.pa.gov/Communities/Wildfire.
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Red
Flag Warning, which is in effect until 8 PM EDT this evening. The
Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* AFFECTED AREA...Potter, Northern Clinton, Northern Centre,
Southern Centre, Mifflin, Juniata, Tioga, Northern Lycoming,
Sullivan, Southern Clinton, Southern Lycoming, Union, Snyder,
Montour, Northumberland, Columbia, Perry, Dauphin, Cumberland,
Adams and York Counties.
* TIMING...From 11 am until 8 pm on Tuesday.
* WINDS...Northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 24 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...In the mid 70s.
* LIGHTNING...Dry lightning strikes may cause initial fire starts
especially in the driest fuel beds.
* IMPACTS...Rapid wildfire growth and spread expected. Outdoor
burning is not recommended.