The officials at the Office of Sustainability for the City of
Indianapolis have called for a Knozone Action Day on Friday...
June 9th for the following Indiana counties...
This Knozone Action Day will be in effect from 1200 AM to 1159
A Knozone Action Day means that a combination of high
temperatures, light winds, and other factors, are expected to
produce conditions where high levels of ozone emissions may exceed
federally mandated standards.
Here are some recommended actions that the public can take to
protect themselves and reduce ozone forming emissions:
* Staying indoors whenever possible, especially if you have a
chronic respiratory or cardiac illness.
* Monitor indoor air quality by keeping air circulating and
checking filtration systems/air filters.
* Turn off your engine when idling for more than 30 seconds.
* Conserve energy by turning off lights or setting the air
conditioner to 75 degrees or above.
* Avoid using the drive-through and combine errands into one trip.
* Avoid refueling your vehicle or using gasoline-powered lawn
equipment until after 7pm.
* Carpool or use public transportation.
For further information, please see the IDEM Smog Watch page on the