Monday, March 25th 2019, 5:04 pm - We're sorry if we've neglected you.
The Weather Network loves Canada.
All of it.
But it's come to our attention that we've been neglecting a central part of our country.
Numerous Weather Network viewers have contacted us over the years, wondering why our on-air personalities are always standing in front of Manitoba during national weather forecasts.
We've seen the error of our ways, and we apologize.
We never intended to block Manitoba.
So what's the problem?
It all boils down to location. When our on-air presenters are in front of the greenscreen and explaining the weather on a national scale, Manitoba is situated in the centre -- which is where they tend to stand.
When they're in front of our smaller, active weather set in the newsroom, Manitoba is on the right, which is also where they usually stand.
But in reality, Manitoba deserves all the air time it can get.
Check out these beautiful photos sent in by Weather Network viewers:
Submitted by Rayne Sinn | Grand Beach, Manitoba
Submitted by Jessica Major | Winnipeg, Manitoba Submitted by Cathy King | Gimli, Manitoba
Submitted by Cathy King | Winnipeg Beach, Manitoba
REASONS TO LOVE MANITOBA
- Manitoba has more than 100,000 lakes and waterways.
- Churchill, Manitoba is considered the polar bear capital of the world and it's a great place to see the northern lights.
- Forests make up about 48 per cent of Manitoba's land area.
- Manitobans love Slurpee more than every one. An estimated 1,500,000 Slurpees have been sold in Winnipeg since the first 7-Eleven came to the province in 1970. That's more than anywhere else, and it makes Winnipeg the Slurpee capital of the world.
- Winnie the Pooh was named after Winnipeg.
From everyone here at The Weather Network:
WE LOVE YOU MANITOBA!
Also: We're sorry. We'll try our best not to stand in front of you in future forecasts.