Monday, March 30th 2020, 12:11 pm - Use the time to grow your mind.
There are a lot of people at home right now and, over the next few weeks, some people will be spending more time in personal dwellings than they're accustomed to.
If you're a weather enthusiast and looking for something to do, some colleges and universities are offering free, or cheap, online courses.
Here's a selection:
- Backyard meteorology: The science of weather (Harvard)
- Come rain or shine: Understanding the weather (Reading University)
- Weather and meteorology: A basic understanding (Udemy)
NATURE AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Planet Earth and you (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Mountains 101 (University of Alberta)
- Introduction to water and climate (Delft University of Technology
- Sensing planet Earth: Water and ice (Chalmers University)
- Reservoir geomechanics (Standford)
- Understanding volcanoes (University of Iceland)
CLIMATE CHANGE, SUSTAINABILITY, AND NATURAL DISASTERS
- Disaster preparedness (University of Pittsburgh)
- Natural disasters (McGill University)
- Climate change and health (Yale University)
- The health effects of climate change (Harvard)
- Climate change solutions (University of Exeter)
- Introduction to sustainability (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
FROM THE WEATHER NETWORK
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WEATHER FROM US: HERE'S HOW THE MELTING PROCESS WORKS
Thumbnail image courtesy: Pexels.