Monday, June 14th 2021, 6:33 am - Most cyclists don’t miss the intense heat and humidity last week, so we’ll continue to keep things fresh with stellar cycling weather, for the most part.
Most cyclists don’t miss the intense heat and humidity last week, so we’ll continue to keep things fresh with stellar cycling weather, for the most part. With an average June high temperature of 27°C, this will be some welcomed news for those putting power to the pedals.
- It looks like we’ll get the most unsettled day of the week out of the way, as an upper trough parks over the G.T.A., risk of showers and thunderstorms
- NW wind 20-40 km/h
- Wind increases to 30-50 km/h out of the NW, but threat of showers ease early Tuesday
- Temperatures forecast to be near seasonal, mild start to the day
- Chilliest morning in quite some time, lows near +10, coldest of the entire month
- Seasonal temperatures in the low 20’s forecast, wind still gusty out of the NW 20-40 km/h under mostly sunny conditions
- Another cool morning at around +12°C, so am commuters and riders, dress appropriately - but temperatures set to rebound into the mid-20’s away from the water
- Winds ease, and lots of sun to contend with so be cognizant of the UV index between 10am-3pm
- Increasing clouds with the building threat of some isolated showers and thunderstorms
- Gusty WSW wind developing, possibly reaching up to 50 km/h
RIDE OF THE WEEK: Countryside spin
- Choose your own adventure and pick your blend of city and country riding. Everything north of Elgin Mills is a country ride, with rolling hills, stunning scenery with farmland.
Strava Link for route: https://www.strava.com/activities/5464755204
Must Stop for ice cream: The Coolest Little Ice Cream Shop