Thursday, June 17th 2021, 5:20 am - Timing is everything for riding this weekend, though the better chance for pleasant conditions looks to perfectly align with Father's Day on Sunday.
A weekend father’s day gift is emerging for the dads yearning to take advantage of ActiveTO program or perhaps a gorgeous Father’s Day ride this Sunday.
Timing is everything, and a quick moving disturbance will move east of the area Saturday morning – there'll be a little risk of some early morning showers and thunderstorms.
- There’s a little internal fight with the computer models that’ll be resolved soon, confident we’re dry for majority of the day, but the atmosphere may get a little unstable further south – increasing the threat of afternoon thunderstorms popping off
- A westerly wind develops at 20-40 km/h, and it could make for a decent struggle as a head wind, so be aware when route building
- Temperatures: starting the day at 18-19°C, with peak temperatures into the upper 20’s by the afternoon with temperatures feeling into the low 30’s
- Low threat of showers and thunderstorms, the day starts in the mid-teens under mostly sunny conditions with temperatures once again shooting into the upper 20’s
- It’s possible a refreshing, southerly lake breeze develops keeping shoreline temperatures down below the mid-20’s
- Wind: SW 20-40 km/h
- Carefully watching the timing warm front towards the south, building instability down towards Niagara and Hamilton into early Sunday evening
UV index: Very High
SAFETY TIP OF THE WEEKEND:
- Ride in a predictable manner - and in a straight line while passing parked cars
- Pay special attention to cars entering and exiting laneways and driveways