Friday, August 23rd 2019, 8:05 pm - The spider was hiding deep in her ear canal.
When Susie Torres woke up and heard a "swishing" sensation in her ear, she figured that it was probably just water but made an appointment with her doctor in Kansas City, Missouri to be safe.
Her caution paid off since multiple medical staff were needed to remove the venomous brown recluse spider that had buried itself deep in her ear canal.
"I didn't panic because I didn't know exactly what it was," said Torres when a medical assistant said she might have an insect in her ear.
The medical assistant then ran out of the room and brought back two nurses, three medicals students, and a doctor to inspect the dangerous spider. The doctor flushed her ear with water in an attempt to remove it, but the eight-legged spider did not budge.
Torres says that the doctor needed to use "a few tools" and multiple attempts to remove the spider in one piece.
The doctor told Torres that she is lucky that she did not get bitten by the venomous spider since it's bite can cause rashes, fever, chills, vomiting, and necrosis.
Torres says that the spider could have entered her ear when she was sleeping and has since purchased earplugs to prevent any other intruders.
With files from CNN.