Alerts in Effect
Flood WatchIssued at 15:40 Friday 20 October 2017
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a
* Flash Flood Watch for a portion of west central Washington,
including the following county, burn scar area of eastern of
* From Saturday morning through Sunday morning
* Heavy rain is forecast to fall Saturday afternoon through Sunday
afternoon. The period of heaviest rain will be Saturday night
with the focus of rainfall in the Cascades from about Stevens
Pass southward, including the burn scar area of the Norse Peak
fire. Rainfall storm totals over the burn scar of 2 1/2 to 3
1/2 inches are possible with rainfall rates of up to one third
to one half an inch per hour late Saturday night.
* Higher than normal runoff, excess debris, and debris flows will
be possible in and immediately below the burn areas, especially
near SR 410, the vicinity of Goat Creek, and the valley below
Winter Weather AdvisoryIssued at 16:27 Friday 20 October 2017
* WHAT...Snow, heavy at times. Plan on slippery road conditions.
Total snow accumulations of 4 to 10 inches, mostly 4000 feet
* WHERE...Cascades of Whatcom and Skagit Counties and Cascades
of Pierce and Lewis Counties.
* WHEN...Until 6 AM Saturday.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for reduced visibilities at