Alerts in Effect
Winter Weather AdvisoryIssued at 03:49 Sunday 30 April 2017
The National Weather Service in Sioux Falls has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow...which is in effect from 10 PM this
evening to noon CDT Monday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in
* TIMING...Expect a rain and snow mix to develop later this
evening and transition completely to snow overnight. Snow will
then diminish by late morning Monday.
* PRECIPITATION RATES...The heaviest snowfall rates will occur
between 1 AM and 7 AM Monday.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Total wet snow accumulations of 2 to 6
inches are expected. Localized amounts along the Buffalo Ridge
areas could be higher.
* WINDS / VISIBILITIES...Look for reduced visibilities at times.
* IMPACTS...Plan on slippery road conditions...including during
the morning commute on Monday.