Alerts in Effect
Flood StatementIssued at 20:24 Monday 16 January 2017
.Ice jam activity is resulting in flooding along the Rock River
and portions of the Mississippi River near Burlington. Rising
temperatures and precipitation over the next several days are
expected to break up the ice jams, allowing these rivers to return
to more typical open water levels. Runoff from rainfall Monday, as
well as forecast rainfall later this week, are expected to keep the
Rock River at Joslin above flood stage well into next weekend.
River forecasts include past precipitation and forecast rainfall for
the next 48 hours.
If you encounter a flooded roadway, turn around and find an
alternate route. Turn around, don't drown.The Flood Warning continues for
The Rock River near Joslin.
* Until further notice.
* At 7:45 PM Monday the stage was 12.1 feet...and rising.
* Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and is forecast to continue.
* Forecast...Rise to 13.2 feet Thursday evening...then begin falling.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet...Flooding of unprotected agricultural land
occurs. Water also affects Lundeens Landing Campground.
Dense Fog AdvisoryIssued at 16:30 Monday 16 January 2017
.DENSE FOG WILL CONTINUE TO DEVELOP AND SPREAD NORTH EARLY THIS
EVENING...REACHING THE INTERSTATE 80 CORRIDOR. EXPECT VISIBILITIES
BELOW ONE QUARTER MILE AND NEAR ZERO AT TIMES...WITH PERIODS OF
IMPROVING CONDITIONS DURING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.
VISIBILITIES MAY IMPROVE TOWARD MIDNIGHT. HOWEVER...THERE IS SOME
POTENTIAL FOR THE DENSE FOG TO SPREAD NORTH OF INTERSTATE 80 AND
PERSIST AFTER MIDNIGHT. STAY INFORMED WITH THE LATEST FORECAST
UPDATES. SLOW DOWN AND USE YOUR LOW BEAM HEADLIGHTS WHEN
TRAVELING TONIGHT.THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN QUAD CITIES HAS ISSUED A DENSE
FOG ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT CST TONIGHT.
* VISIBILITIES...FREQUENTLY BELOW 1/4 MILE...NEAR ZERO AT TIMES.
PERIODS OF IMPROVING CONDITIONS DURING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED
* TIMING...THROUGH AT LEAST MIDNIGHT.
* IMPACTS...DRIVING WILL BE HAZARDOUS WHEN VISIBILITY FALLS
RAPIDLY. PLEASE ALLOW EXTRA TIME FOR TRAVEL AND DRIVE WITH