Alerts in Effect
Flood StatementIssued at 12:01 Wednesday 18 January 2017
...A Flood Warning continues for portions of the following rivers in
western and southern Indiana...
East Fork White River...Muscatatuck River...Wabash River...White
.Widespread lowland flooding will develop by the weekend along the
Wabash...White Motorists should never drive into flood water. Turn around and go
another way. Keep children away from flooded areas. Recreational and
agricultural interests should remain alert to changing river
For detailed flood information go to weather.gov/ind on the web and
click on rivers and lakes.The Flood Warning continues for
The Wabash River at Riverton.
* UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
* At 11:00 AM Wednesday the stage was 16.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river will continue rising to near 19.8 feet by
early Thursday morning then begin falling.
* At 20.0 feet...Extensive flooding is in progress. Higher rural
roads begin to flood. High water isolates many river cabins. Seep
water becomes a problem.