Alerts in Effect
Flood WarningIssued at 03:27 Tuesday 20 February 2018
Fox River at Algonquin Tailwater affecting Kane and McHenry
Fox River at Montgomery affecting Kane and Kendall Counties
Fox River at Dayton affecting La Salle County
.Synopsis...Heavy rainfall of 1.5 to 3 inches is likely through Tuesday night with
locally heavier amounts in excess of 3 inches possible. The combination
of this heavy rainfall, frozen ground, and some snow melt will likely
result in flooding.
The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a
* Flood Warning for
The Fox River at Algonquin Tailwater.
* from this evening to late Wednesday night.
* At 230 AM Tuesday the stage was 7.3 feet.
* Flood stage is 9.5 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...Rise above flood stage by tonight and continue to rise
to near 9.7 feet by Wednesday morning.The river will fall below
flood stage by Wednesday evening.
Flood WatchIssued at 03:26 Tuesday 20 February 2018
The Flood Watch continues for
* Portions of north central Illinois and northeast Illinois,
including the following areas, in north central Illinois,
Boone, DeKalb, Lee, Ogle, and Winnebago. In northeast
Illinois, Kane, Lake IL, and McHenry.
* Through this afternoon
* Multiple rounds of showers and some thunderstorms are expected
through today. Widespread rainfall amounts of one and a half to
locally three inches of rain are expected with isolated higher
* The ground remains frozen, therefore much of the rain will
result in rapid runoff. Expect rises on area rivers and
streams that may result in flooding.