Angelus Oaks, CA
Alerts in Effect
Wind AdvisoryIssued at 03:55 Saturday 20 January 2018
A low pressure system moving through Southern California into
Arizona today will bring stronger onshore flow today with stronger
and gusty west to northwest winds during the late morning through
the afternoon. Winds will be strongest in the mountains and
deserts...and in coastal and valley areas of San Diego County.
Behind this low pressure system...a cold dry atmosphere and
radiational cooling will bring areas of frost to colder wind
sheltered portions of the Inland Empire late tonight into early
The National Weather Service in San Diego has issued a Wind
Advisory...which is in effect from 10 AM this morning to 6 PM PST
* Winds...Areas of west to northwest winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts
to 45 mph. Isolated gusts to 55 mph.
* Timing...Strongest winds during the late morning through the
afternoon...then decreasing by early evening.
* Location...Strongest winds from mountain ridge tops...along
desert slopes of the mountains...into adjacent desert areas.
* Visibility...Locally reduced in blowing sand and blowing dust in
* Impacts...Driving will be hazardous for high profile vehicles.
Watch for broken tree limbs and other debris on roadways.