Latest updates from theweathernetwork.com
Friday, June 14, 2013, 11:19 AM -
Hello to theweathernetwork.com users!
I wanted to take an opportunity on behalf of the Web Team as well as The Weather Network to say thank you for being supportive over the past six weeks as we continue to move through our transition to the new websites. Thousands of you have sent us extremely valuable feedback and ideas, which is contributing to making the site better and better every day. The following is a list of some of the items we've upgraded and some of the neat things to come in the next days, weeks and months.
- Updated the graphics for wind direction and barometric pressure to make it more readable.
- Increased font sizes throughout the site.
- Increased hourly forecast to 72 hours.
- Printable pages throughout the site.
- Shading on the weekends for the 14-Day.
- Local photos options on all city forecast pages.
- Highway Conditions, Parks Report and Attractions added.
- Improvement to Historical Search for Internet Explorer.
- Added Recent Locations to your search drop down list.
- Improvements to commenting and logging in across the sites.
- Forest Fire Watch.
- Maps updates.
- Performance Improvements.
- Video gallery and video player improvements as well as new videos!!
- Saving map settings and new homepage map options.
- Lightning Alerts for your area.
- More news and active weather stories that are affecting your community.
- More articles from our Meteorology department and other Insiders at The Weather Network.
- National view option with your homepage map.
- Cottage and Camping report.
- Full screen map view AND MUCH MUCH MORE!!
We hope you are as excited as we are about the updates, improvements and great things to come. Keep the feedback coming and we will try and respond as soon as possible.
Carrie Lysenko & The Web Team
Director, Web Services
The Weather Network
Contact Us at www.theweathernetwork.com/about-us/contact-us.