Time waster alert: Mother Jones creates 'eco-doom' headline generator
Friday, October 25, 2013, 4:44 PM -
If you're looking for some time to kill, check out Mother Jones' eco-doom fake headline generator.
Click on a button, and a bot will generate a random, abysmal headline about the environment.
Here's the kicker: some of the (seemingly ridiculous) headlines link to real articles.
Here are some of our favourites, courtesy of the generator:
- Will Your Shoe Habit Torpedo International Climate Treaties?
- Can Extreme Pilates Actually Kill Organic Farming Practices?
- Do Those Super-Strong Magnets Damage Community Gardens in Detroit?
- Do Facebook's New Privacy Settings Paralyze Walrus Rescue Operations?
- Is Your Standing Desk Upsetting Lake Tahoe?
- Does Biting Your Nails Jeopardize Migratory Birds?
- Does Watching Cat Videos Threaten the Ozone Layer?
There's more, but you get the point.
We'll admit: We've spent an inordinate amount of time clicking through the headlines. For research purposes, of course.
Visit Mother Jones to see the generator for yourself.