Stunning time lapse videos reveal nature's true beauty
Monday, June 17, 2013, 11:56 AM -
It's difficult to top this truly stunning time lapse video, which reveals a breath taking view of one of the world's most legendary locations.
Climber and videographer Elia Saikaly captured this film at Mount Everest earlier this year.
"While most climbers slept, I attempted to capture some of the magic that the Himalayan skies have to offer while climbing to the top of the world," Saikaly wrote on www.eliasaikaly.com.
Swirling clouds, colourful tents and jagged ice-- it's sure to leave you in awe.
The video is comprised of thousands of photographs, processed and assembled on Mount Everest.
Nature's beauty doesn't end there.
Thanks to several Weather Network viewers, we have compiled some of the best time lapse videos sent in by you.
You can continue to upload any photos or videos to our online gallery and they could be featured on TV or right here on our website.
10. Northern Lights in Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
9. Snow storm as it hits Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland in February, 2013.
8. Warm sun and intermittent rain helps the grass turn green in Calgary, Alberta this past May.
7. Time lapse of the morning fog burning off in Woodstock, Ontario.
6. Storm rolls through Shaunavon, Saskatchewan.
5. The March 3 snowstorm in Calgary, Alberta shows what a difference 24 hours can make.
4. Time lapse video of clouds over Willingdon Park in Burnaby, British Columbia.
3. Flashes of lightning in a storm cloud over Toronto, Ontario.
2. Feb 8 snowstorm in St. Catharines, Ontario taken over 22 hrs.
1. A must see! Aurora Borealis time lapse video shot at the Victoria Beach in Manitoba.