Slight overreaction: Man tries to kill spider, ends up burning down house
Friday, July 18, 2014, 5:06 PM - It's a life lesson that a Seattle man won't soon forget.
On Tuesday, authorities responded to a 911 call relating to a house fire. It turns out the man who rented the home had been trying to kill a spider in the laundry room with a blowtorch fashioned out of spray paint and a lighter.
Witnesses say the flames spread quickly through the house, sending frantic neighbours outdoors.
RELATED: Spider vs. meteorologist
“There were giant clouds of smoke pouring out of the windows,” resident Kaitlin Sharp told local media. Neighbours hosed their houses and yards down to prevent the flames from spreading.
Firefighters say the fire caused $60,000 in damages.
The fate of the spider remains unknown.
Experts saw Nepal quake coming
Experts knew the 80-year cycle of earthquakes in Nepal was due.
Clouds left by jets spark protests
They crisscross skies on a daily basis, sometimes lasting only seconds.
How to celebrate 25 yrs of a Space Telescope
The Hubble Space Telescope took up residence in Earth orbit on April 24, 1990, a...