No major hurricanes measuring Category 3 or greater have made landfall in the U.S. for the past nine years. Researchers say this type of 'hurricane drought' hasn't been seen since record-keeping began in 1851.
Most Recent UV Observation:
This is the latest reading for this area.
- Minimal sun protection required for normal activity
- Wear sunglasses on bright days. If outside for more than one hour, cover up and use sunscreen
- Reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength. Wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen
Expected Max UV Observation:
This is today's expected maximum UV reading, taking today's weather into consideration.
- Take precautions - cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen especially if you will be outside for 30 minutes or more
- Look for shade near midday when the sun is strongest