Living on Mars might prove safe enough for future colonists, but a new study shows that radiation exposure on the journey to the Red Planet may be high enough to cause brain damage, jeopardizing any mission that sets out.
Most Recent UV Observation:
This is the latest reading for this area.
- Minimal sun protection required for normal activity
- Wear sunglasses on bright days. If outside for more than one hour, cover up and use sunscreen
- Reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength. Wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen
Expected Max UV Observation:
This is today's expected maximum UV reading, taking today's weather into consideration.
- Take precautions - cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen especially if you will be outside for 30 minutes or more
- Look for shade near midday when the sun is strongest