The Pacific is not a small place, so it's a big stroke of luck the people of Hawaii managed to catch a glimpse of a massive cluster of fireballs late Sunday night.
Most Recent UV Observation:
This is the latest reading for this area.
- Minimal sun protection required for normal activity
- Wear sunglasses on bright days. If outside for more than one hour, cover up and use sunscreen
- Reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength. Wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen
Expected Max UV Observation:
This is today's expected maximum UV reading, taking today's weather into consideration.
- Protection required - UV damages the skin and can cause sunburn
- Reduce time in the sun between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. and take full precautions - seek shade, cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen