The weekend began with damaging active weather in the West, hot and humid temperatures in the Prairies, fair skies in central Canada and warming temperatures in the Maritimes. How will the last weekend of August come to a close? Find out in your Sunday weather brief.
Most Recent UV Observation:
This is the latest reading for this area.
- Minimal sun protection required for normal activity
- Wear sunglasses on bright days. If outside for more than one hour, cover up and use sunscreen
- Reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength. Wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen
Expected Max UV Observation:
This is today's expected maximum UV reading, taking today's weather into consideration.
- Protection required - UV damages the skin and can cause sunburn
- Reduce time in the sun between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. and take full precautions - seek shade, cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen