Severe thunderstorms fired up across parts of Ontario and Quebec on Tuesday prompting tornado warnings in some places. We also compare the size of forest fires in the north and take a closer look at Cristobal's impact in the east. Here's your weather briefing for Wednesday, August 27.
Most Recent UV Observation:
This is the latest reading for this area.
- Minimal sun protection required for normal activity
- Wear sunglasses on bright days. If outside for more than one hour, cover up and use sunscreen
- Reflection off snow can nearly double UV strength. Wear sunglasses and apply sunscreen
Expected Max UV Observation:
This is today's expected maximum UV reading, taking today's weather into consideration.
- Take precautions - cover up, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen especially if you will be outside for 30 minutes or more
- Look for shade near midday when the sun is strongest